Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What kind of modding support can we expect?

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jan 20, 2021, 9:57:02 PM
AK-sensei wrote:
Gedemon wrote:
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

We know that the 4X community wold like to see powerful modding capabilityes, but unfortunately we can't tell you anything about that yet.

I don't know what they plan for 2020-2021,but if nothing change with civ6 (relatively) limited modding capabilities when it comes to gameplay (compared to previous versions), you may have an opportunity to attract some of its community here. 

As I've said on CFC, a player can easily play multiple games at the same time, but it's very difficult for a modder to mod multiple games. 

Hi :)

Fully agree with Gedemon. And what about graphic modding ? ( terrains ) and 3D integration ( units ) ?

Again, remember this is Unity. Basic things will be possible, but it's extremely unlikely to have 3D asset modding be a thing, just from how that engine is setup.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Mar 31, 2021, 8:26:03 PM

According to the latest news, unit modding will be possible, which is an excellent news, even if it's not out of box, I'm still glad it is in the realm of possibilities.

Some questions remain :

- possible on Mac ?

- will the sdk tied to Epic Store ?

I need to consider the availability of the Epic/Unreal Engine link before I buy the game. Wouldn't want to buy it twice just because I pick the wrong store ...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 2, 2021, 7:01:21 PM
AK-sensei wrote:

- will the sdk tied to Epic Store ?

I need to consider the availability of the Epic/Unreal Engine link before I buy the game. Wouldn't want to buy it twice just because I pick the wrong store ...

Why would it be tied to the Epic Store? Humankind uses Unity, not Unreal. If anything I would worry about it being tied to Steam, like how Firaxis/2K does, just because most people use Steam.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
May 13, 2021, 5:24:16 AM

I am interest in, if we can make a new culture:

1. Can we make a new cloth of this culture for Lucy?

2. Can we import some BGMs for the new culture?

3. Can we import new movies to introduce this new culture?

4. Can we add new eras between existed eras or make a future era?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 13, 2021, 10:38:39 AM

Hello friends. I want to work for the Turkish language pack. Any ideas? How can I do it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 13, 2021, 11:03:16 AM
mecdel wrote:

Hello friends. I want to work for the Turkish language pack. Any ideas? How can I do it.

Hi !

Have you already applied to test the Modding tools ? If not, here's the devblog that gives details of what will be available and how you can apply (the email adress is at the end of the video).

Cheers !

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 16, 2021, 12:13:31 PM

I sent mail. Waiting for return.

Waykot wrote:
mecdel wrote:

Hi !

Have you already applied to test the Modding tools ? If not, here's the devblog that gives details of what will be available and how you can apply (the email adress is at the end of the video).

Cheers !

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 10:16:10 PM

They should honestly give us the means to do anything, and I do mean anything. From total conversion mods is what I am strongly looking forward to actually witness, see, and if I am skilled enough, be a part of making something out of this. I basically want this game to be what I wish civ 5 and civ 6 to be, as a major civ 4 player. civ 5 and 6 was a disappointment, and honestly the downturn of the civ series for me. I want this game to allow us to go back to the golden age of modding, and allow us to continue to make awesome amount of mods without issues.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment