Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC Gamepass/Windows Store] "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" on join/create MP lobby

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 10:07:00 PM

Any updates on this one? I tried trimming my friends list down as much as I could but cannot go under 15 without losing active friends that I just don't want to remove. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 10:57:04 PM

found another potential solution (unconfirmed do not have gamepass):

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/215-bug-reports/threads/42795-gamepass-here-s-how-to-fix-the-multi-issue?page=1#post-328203

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 11:07:35 PM
alQamar wrote:

found another potential solution (unconfirmed do not have gamepass):

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/215-bug-reports/threads/42795-gamepass-here-s-how-to-fix-the-multi-issue?page=1#post-328203

Yes that solution was found in this thread by @LuccaDSoupLie 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 23, 2021, 7:46:54 PM

Same issue.  Pruning my Xbox Live follows/friends down to my core group or 7-8 regular gaming friends resolved it for me.  Unfortunately none of them can now join the game I host because they have too many followers too, and so they get forcibly disconnected when they try to join my game.  Also to add insult to injury, since pruning my Xbox Live friends, I cannot continue a saved one-player game any more that was at turn 469. So annoying.

The operation was cancelled.   at http://Amplitude.Mercury.Game.Game+<DoStart>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00157] in <5ea64807bee745218615ec8ef8535182>:0   at http://Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00019] in <a38bac599c844a99a8a4fcca3b37292e>:0

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 3:32:41 PM

Hey @Astamarr can we get an update on this please? I have over 100+ friends and I'm not removing 90% of them just to play multiplayer in one game, this is a bug that will make me stop playing this game, so some transparency would be appreciated.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 11:11:21 PM

If they think I am going to unfriend and unfollow my 100+ long friends list... they have to be joking.

Someone modify the code to lookup my gamertag first. I am most important ;)
I can't believe this got released in this state.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 11:48:42 PM

For such a massive issue, the PR department have really dropped the ball on this, my excitement to play a game i've been waiting to play for sometime, is just vanishing, at least keep us regularly updated.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 2:57:25 AM
steveng wrote:

For such a massive issue, the PR department have really dropped the ball on this, my excitement to play a game i've been waiting to play for sometime, is just vanishing, at least keep us regularly updated.

They probably haven't said much because there is probably a lot to do with Microsoft for this issue. And they want to hear back from them before they make any promises.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 11:14:20 AM
WillLi05 wrote:
steveng wrote:

They probably haven't said much because there is probably a lot to do with Microsoft for this issue. And they want to hear back from them before they make any promises.

yeah, not the way you want to handle this towards your users though. If it's a complicated issue to solve, then just let us know that it's a complicated issue to solve.. Not responding at all, is just going to make people guess and create rumours. It's odd that every game company seems to fall into the same pit on this.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 12:01:52 PM

i agree, @Astamarr give us a quick heads up at least. Not playing atm since achievements are not working either (suspect same cause)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 12:35:19 PM

This is turning into a big clusterfuck. Someone start making calls to microsoft and get it fixed.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 26, 2021, 7:30:51 AM

This is exactly why you stop pre-purchasing games. I am sick of companies releasing unfinished games with tons of bugs. Why would they try hard to fix issues at this point? They have collected %70-%80 of the money they will earn from this game already. Nobody has those ethical values anymore. 

It appears that they haven't even applied The Turkey Test, so people from some regions of the world (TR, PL, etc.) can't see most of the icons in-game. There are a couple of threads in the forum, and it seems like nobody cares that we can't even play single player of the game. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 26, 2021, 10:14:13 AM

OK !

So all of you, there is another solution !

The game will have this bug if your friendlist on your account exceed 14 people.

You won't have this bug if you have 14 friends or less.

It seems on xBox when you've got less than 15 friends you get an option to have "more friends".

Hoipe it helps people

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 26, 2021, 12:56:47 PM
Astrotek wrote:

This is exactly why you stop pre-purchasing games. I am sick of companies releasing unfinished games with tons of bugs. Why would they try hard to fix issues at this point? They have collected %70-%80 of the money they will earn from this game already. Nobody has those ethical values anymore. 

It appears that they haven't even applied The Turkey Test, so people from some regions of the world (TR, PL, etc.) can't see most of the icons in-game. There are a couple of threads in the forum, and it seems like nobody cares that we can't even play single player of the game. 

This is a game pass issue. What exaclty made you think we pre-ordered it. 
Who in their right minds pre-orders on the microsoft store lmao. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment