Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC Gamepass/Windows Store] "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" on join/create MP lobby

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 7:01:40 PM

My Xbox account is from the 360 era, I can't just delete my 100 friends down to 10 lol. If that is the fix tho at least the Devs know why this is bugging out.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 7:11:37 PM

LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

I've put up a network trace and it seems like during the initial black screen the game fetches all the info of the people you follow. Interestingly, it always fetches your own Gamertag last, so if you have more than 15+ people you follow, it does not reach that point as XBL servers throttle your calls. Hence the empty Gamertag and not working MP. That's why new accounts work and old ones with many friends don't. So as a temporary measure, until the devs fix the issue, you could try reducing the number of follows you have (I think anything less than 14 should work). 

Let me know if that fixes it for anyone as that will help AMP address the root cause sooner.

You solved it dude! Well done and thank alot! Got an old Xbox-Acc with more then 15 friends. Deleted down to 14, and it worked.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 8:40:10 PM
steveng wrote:

Nope nevermind, closed the game, reloaded it and its back to "' 's "

Yep, new patch didn't fix it for me. Deleted friends down to 14 and boom, works.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 8:50:14 PM

I literally loaded the game up, my gamertag worked fine, my friends didnt, so I restarted my game, went back to being broken

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 9:23:53 PM

"The current working fix" can confirm it worked the new trick worked for me, Steps below

1 - you need to have minimum of 14 friends on Xbox live,
2 remove some friends until you have 14 to 15 or even less, you can also remove your suggested friends (not sure if this helps)

3 log out of the xbox game pass app and log back in and boot the game, it worked first time for me.

good luck with your personal fixing and lets hope the developers can get a permanent and clear fix soon.

A note to the developers:
It might be worth sending out a message on socials and on discord to inform xbox game pass players of "why" we are having this issue, im sure there is a lot of confused and frustrated players out there currently. Good luck with the fix and thanks for your support with this issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 9:26:19 PM

Had issues with lower eras MP yesterday, today we were quite far and it seems the later you are in multiplayer, the more unstable it is. Thanks for asking for our input devs, we know you are trying!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 9:42:25 PM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

I've put up a network trace and it seems like during the initial black screen the game fetches all the info of the people you follow. Interestingly, it always fetches your own Gamertag last, so if you have more than 15+ people you follow, it does not reach that point as XBL servers throttle your calls. Hence the empty Gamertag and not working MP. That's why new accounts work and old ones with many friends don't. So as a temporary measure, until the devs fix the issue, you could try reducing the number of follows you have (I think anything less than 14 should work). 

Let me know if that fixes it for anyone as that will help AMP address the root cause sooner.

Confirmed.. fixed for me as well

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 9:52:10 PM

Unfollowing friends appears to have worked for me. What an unusual bug and resolution. Very good find! Hope a patch comes out soon - had pretty much given up on the idea of getting this game when my Game Pass expires. Now at least I get to try it out and see how buggy it is elsewhere. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 4:21:53 AM
Astamarr wrote:

Very interesting find Lucca, thank you <3

If you may, could you check this folder for the Amplitude.Interop.XGP.log file ? It should be in one of these subfolder, but i can't know the name of it (class by date)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\???\

I didnt have 15+ followers, I had 5, removed all but one (even tried with just removing one) and it worked, I added all the original and the problem is back. I couldnt find that file.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 10:36:05 AM

Unfollowing friends appears to have worked for me. What an unusual bug and resolution. Very good find! Hope a patch comes out soon - had pretty much given up on the idea of getting this game when my Game Pass expires. Now at least I get to try it out and see how buggy it is elsewhere.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 12:59:23 PM
Astamarr wrote:

We've identified the issue and are working with Microsoft to resolve it ASAP.

That is mighty good to hear Astamarr, thank you for the update, and keep up the good work !

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 4:12:49 AM

Someone found a fix on reddit that worked for me

tldr. Has something to do with friends. I had this problem, then I removed everyone from my friend's list until I only had 15 people, then it worked. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/HumankindTheGame/comments/p75egj/you_were_forcibly_disconnected_from_the_game/

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 8:23:13 AM
steveng wrote:

I literally loaded the game up, my gamertag worked fine, my friends didnt, so I restarted my game, went back to being broken

Well according to the trace the hard limit is 30 calls for 300 seconds, so if you boot the game twice in the timeframe of 5 minutes (even with just 7-8 friends), the issue would occur again. Just wait 5 min and launch the game again.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 22, 2021, 5:27:27 PM

A friend of mine with gamepass had the lobby crash when we were playing multiplayer and now has this bug and also cant even play singleplayer. hes tried reinstalling the game and still has the issue

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment