Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC/Steam] Steam Achievements Stop Progressing

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 19, 2021, 7:52:04 PM

Does anyone know if this issue is being investigated? I understand you must play the whole game without save and loading to get some achievements, but that might take a while and for some reason, super easy mode on blitz I cannot win lol. I won on nation by far, but this is too difficult 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 19, 2021, 11:55:20 PM

The 12/18 star achievements have been fixed in the latest patches. The wonder achievement is still bugged. Don't know of other ones.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 3, 2022, 8:15:42 PM

The Wonderful scrollbar on my achievement list has always been stuck at 0 with a bizarre divisor -- currently the text is "0/4,194,303":

<div class="progressText nextToBar ellipsis">

0 / 4,194,303                                                                            </div>

Well... there's no point in fixing the typography which causes the divisor to appear as though I'm in a German locale ("0 / 4.194.303") because AFAIK there aren't more than 999 wonders in Humankind! I think there are only 22... so there must be a bitmap with 22 positions somewhere... and maybe the monstrously-large divisor is the result of interpreting the bitmask 0x3FFFFFF as a binary integer rather than as a unary integer??   

At a guess: the QA team on Humankind must have assigned a low priority to this defect because it'd be an easy testcase to construct, and an easy defect to repair.   But then again... that's just a guess... and if the bitset process hasn't been working properly whenever a wonder is created, repairing this display-defect won't magically reconstruct the player's progress to date, then I should hope it'd be a higher priority to track the players progress accurately than to report it...

The good news is that the 12-star and 18-star achievements have all worked fine for me over the past few months, so there's at least some forward-progress being made on defect repairs for player-progress.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment