Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC Gamepass/Windows Store] "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" on join/create MP lobby

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 9:57:02 PM

My friend on game pass is having the exact same issue. We have so far tried all of the above (except the 4g idea). Gutted we cant play together but looks like its not meant to be today

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 10:23:24 PM

Same here running Windows 10 and Game Pass.  I've tried every fix and the only one to work was running the game on an entirely new Microsoft account in the Xbox PC app.  Switching back to the old account doesn't resolve it either.  Only works on the new account.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 10:46:48 PM

Downloaded to other PC and used same game pass account. The problem still exists. This means it has nothing to do with Beta since I haven't used either this account or the PC for the beta.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 10:59:45 PM
Aeriooos wrote:

Same here running Windows 10 and Game Pass.  I've tried every fix and the only one to work was running the game on an entirely new Microsoft account in the Xbox PC app.  Switching back to the old account doesn't resolve it either.  Only works on the new account.

I do not believe this issue has anything to do with whether you played the beta or not.  I did not play the beta and nothing I try fixes this issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 11:02:51 PM

It just  wont load up with our Gamertags being recognised, not sure who's at fault out of Amplitude Studios  or GamePass/MS but someone dropped the ball in a big way, its already getting review bombed on the GamePass app.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 11:06:39 PM
Aeriooos wrote:

Like actually signing out of the Xbox app, creating a new account, and getting a Gamepass trial then running the game or signing in with a new account when prompted upon launching the game? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 11:08:23 PM
Arithmetician wrote:
Aeriooos wrote:

Like actually signing out of the Xbox app, creating a new account, and getting a Gamepass trial then running the game or signing in with a new account when prompted upon launching the game? 

I literally signed out of the Xbox PC App, went to microsoft.com and made a new account then signed into the Xbox App with that and launched Humankind.  Multiplayer worked after that but only on the new account.  Didn't even need to subscribe to Game Pass.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 11:39:48 PM
Aeriooos wrote:
Arithmetician wrote:
Aeriooos wrote:

I literally signed out of the Xbox PC App, went to microsoft.com and made a new account then signed into the Xbox App with that and launched Humankind.  Multiplayer worked after that but only on the new account.  Didn't even need to subscribe to Game Pass.

Confirmed this worked for me. Will be using this workaround until we get an official fix. Thanks! 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 11:51:20 PM

Confirmed. I signed out of the xbox app, made a new microsoft account and signed in, lauched the game, the game prompted the xbox signin and i did, and it worked. I also wasnt even able to host a multiplayer lobby. But this all good now! thanks for the help!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 12:08:49 AM
TheRescueChip wrote:

How many people having problems have spaces in their gamertags?

me :)

edit: changed my gamertag. Did not fix the issue

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 12:19:49 AM
superme64 wrote:

Confirmed. I signed out of the xbox app, made a new microsoft account and signed in, lauched the game, the game prompted the xbox signin and i did, and it worked. I also wasnt even able to host a multiplayer lobby. But this all good now! thanks for the help!

This also worked for me. The fact this needs to be done is dumb. Did no one test the Windows store version of this game before launch?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 1:13:44 AM

Same issue, none of the fixes have worked, except the new Microsoft account one, which isn't a fix.
I just want to know why the game doesn't seem to grab my Xbox account info via Windows.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 2:36:49 AM

Same for me, I submitted a support ticket to try and get this resolved or at least give some sort of update since they have zero communication.

Seems this is one of the biggest issues and is not even listed on the official known issues.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 3:33:32 AM

I wasn't surprised that they didn't immediately respond but I thought there would be something by the time I got off work. Disappointing.

I'm having the same issue. 'Repair'ing humankind and xbox app didn't work, neither did deleting the Humankind folder in My Documents. Gonna install on my laptop and see what happens

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 7:23:17 AM

Just wanted to comment here: The only thing that seems to reliably work is creating a new microsoft account and playing on that. Had the same issue, tried deleting folders, reinstalling the game, logging out and in again, restarting the PC multiple times, even tried playing over my phones connection, and more, but nothing worked. But quickly creating a new microsoft account and playing on that works. Which is really weird.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment