Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC Gamepass/Windows Store] "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" on join/create MP lobby

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 7:36:32 AM
blake1337 wrote:

Just wanted to comment here: The only thing that seems to reliably work is creating a new microsoft account and playing on that. Had the same issue, tried deleting folders, reinstalling the game, logging out and in again, restarting the PC multiple times, even tried playing over my phones connection, and more, but nothing worked. But quickly creating a new microsoft account and playing on that works. Which is really weird.

Glad to hear it, following up the following day to say again that it worked for me and I played a long satisfying (learning) game with the lads.  

I saw people commenting that no workaround so far has worked for them though, it'd be good to list exactly what you guys tried and perhaps you should get ready with some logs of your own for later today should the devs come knocking.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 8:24:50 AM

This worked for me and my friends:

Log out of GamePass, and launch the game.  When prompted to log in again, press switch account. Press log in with different account, use your email/phone number, etc, to log in again. 

Was able to join a steam hosted game after doing this. Without creating a new account.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 9:40:04 AM

Managed to solve my issue, I spammed so many things thought that it's hard to know what did it.

I - 

Signed out of Microsoft Store, then clicked the popup in the Xbox App to sign back into Microsoft Store again.

Updated Windows, Updated GFX drivers, deleted the Humankind folder in documents, then restarted.

Game now works fine, sorry I don't have more specific advice! Good luck.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 10:16:16 AM

So I managed to play yesterday, more or less doing the same thing everyone did, which is creating a new microsoft account and switching to it in the Xbox application. Today however, it doesn't work anymore.

And it doesn't work to create yet another account. If anyone has a clean way of fixing the problem that works everytime, I'm all ears.

As for the developers and people from G2G reading the forum, why tf is it still not in the known bugs? Are you in contact with Microsoft to solve the issue?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 1:06:46 PM

Up.

I will do that until developers at least acknowledge the problem. I don't ask for a fix right away, but at least give us information, and NOTICE the problem.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 1:07:10 PM

Same problem here - Dear devs, please at least acknowledge that you are working on this bug!

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 1:43:37 PM

My instinct is to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're working with Microsoft on it already?  And that for some reason, this requires they not speak about it.  I'm sure them being quite busy today is probably also a factor, but I was surprised to see this thread grow as it has.  I guess a lot of people are running into this problem.  Anyway this Microsilence conspiracy might not make much sense but it's also not totally nonsensical, I feel.  Feel free to slap me 'round the head and call me stupid if you disagree, I'm well aware this ground I'm standing on is rocky af

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 2:00:18 PM

For everybody still having this issue try 'Reset' and 'Repair' on the Humankind App in Windows Settings > Apps & Features > Advanced options. This has resolved the issue for some people. 

Keep in mind that logging out and logging back into the Xbox App may re-introduce the issue and you have to repeat the workaround.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 2:06:32 PM

Hey mates,

Of course we're working on it, but as you've guessed it's not entirely up to us. We'll update you as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 2:15:46 PM
Astamarr wrote:

Hey mates,

Of course we're working on it, but as you've guessed it's not entirely up to us. We'll update you as soon as possible.

Good luck, and thanks for letting us know! 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 2:58:43 PM
Astamarr wrote:

Hey mates,

Cool, thanks for your response !

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 3:16:16 PM

Similar issue here. My roommate and I were playing when I was disconnected from the game. My roommate was also disconnected which we greatly appreciate. However, when my roommate reinvited me back into the lobby, my lobby screen is blank. Additionally, when I try to load the lobby to invite my roommate in, my lobby is still blank.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 4:45:30 PM

Played a game with my friend yesterday, he had the issue for a bit but then it let him in after a few restarts.

No such luck today, we've been at it for 45 minutes but he just can't join me anymore. I go search for a fix and find out that the developers have ignored the issue for 27 hours now. We don't need an instant fix, but we do need to be heard. Very disheartening, having lots of fun with the game otherwise!

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 5:44:27 PM

Same issu, something wrong between Win Game Pass and multi. I'm waiting for a fix

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 7:31:13 PM
Astamarr wrote:
@Tomiz Trust me mate, we love you too much to ignore you <3 

<3 I know you're doing the best, and I actually haven't read your response just above me, thanks for your work!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 8:05:33 PM
Astamarr wrote:

Hey mates,

That's all I wanted to know for now ! Thank you for your answer, and good luck in fixing the bug. I hope what we discussed here will help you identify the root cause.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment