Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC Gamepass/Windows Store] "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" on join/create MP lobby

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 3:27:02 AM

Any progress with this bug yet? I am having the same issue. Tried one of the work arounds of using a new account and that seemed to let me get to the multiplayer screen but then one of my other friends was getting the error instead of me when he tried to connect to my room under the new account (he had previously been fine playing multiplayer with another).

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 6:45:45 AM

Gamertag tdpsk

Same issue as everyone else, workaround with a different user worked but is not satisfying as a long-term solution ;)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 7:21:51 AM

same issue for me with xbox gamepass.

Can the devs give any update on this topic?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 10:34:56 AM

I've put up a network trace and it seems like during the initial black screen the game fetches all the info of the people you follow. Interestingly, it always fetches your own Gamertag last, so if you have more than 15+ people you follow, it does not reach that point as XBL servers throttle your calls. Hence the empty Gamertag and not working MP. That's why new accounts work and old ones with many friends don't. So as a temporary measure, until the devs fix the issue, you could try reducing the number of follows you have (I think anything less than 14 should work). 

Let me know if that fixes it for anyone as that will help AMP address the root cause sooner.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 11:18:17 AM

Very interesting find Lucca, thank you <3

If you may, could you check this folder for the Amplitude.Interop.XGP.log file ? It should be in one of these subfolder, but i can't know the name of it (class by date)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\???\

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 11:19:34 AM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

I've put up a network trace and it seems like during the initial black screen the game fetches all the info of the people you follow. Interestingly, it always fetches your own Gamertag last, so if you have more than 15+ people you follow, it does not reach that point as XBL servers throttle your calls. Hence the empty Gamertag and not working MP. That's why new accounts work and old ones with many friends don't. So as a temporary measure, until the devs fix the issue, you could try reducing the number of follows you have (I think anything less than 14 should work). 

Let me know if that fixes it for anyone as that will help AMP address the root cause sooner.

Yup, remove couple of follows from above 15 down to 11, now I can host and join lobbies without any issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 11:33:41 AM
Astamarr wrote:

Very interesting find Lucca, thank you <3

If you may, could you check this folder for the Amplitude.Interop.XGP.log file ? It should be in one of these subfolder, but i can't know the name of it (class by date)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\???\

I have a folder AmplitudeSTUDIOS.Humankind_sm4da3szdwjfr in Packages, but no such log inside. Also nothing in AppData\Local\Temp. I assume this build does not have logs enabled and that's why everybody is reporting missing those files (Search function returns nothing in the entire <User> Folder).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 11:41:22 AM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

Also purged my friends/follows list as my Xbox Live account is 10+ years old, and I haven't seen the disconnect message again yet.

Edit: If this is the actual issue, someone should send Lucca a gift basket :).

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 12:03:13 PM

The fix mentioned by lucca is actually iorking, removing friends is fixing this issue, tested on two different pc/accounts. Just keep in mind that you need to also delete friend suggestions from that stupid microsoft store with the 3 different apps.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:00:32 PM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

It works !!! Thanks alot !!! 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:47:59 PM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

Thank you it worked

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 2:52:42 PM
LuccaDSoupLie wrote:

Can confirm that it worked with a friend. Thank you for your sleuthing!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 3:17:42 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for finding this out as it was doing my head in! Reduced my friends list down to 13 and MP hosting/joining now works like a charm.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 3:21:25 PM

The new fix is not working for me.  Tried deleting friends and suggested friends from the gamebar, then checked in the old xbox console companion app to make sure they were not popping up any more.  They weren't but I'm still getting the issue.  Is there another place I need to check to make sure all the friend suggestions are cleared?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 4:37:45 PM
Omnicromder wrote:

The new fix is not working for me.  Tried deleting friends and suggested friends from the gamebar, then checked in the old xbox console companion app to make sure they were not popping up any more.  They weren't but I'm still getting the issue.  Is there another place I need to check to make sure all the friend suggestions are cleared?

You may want to try logging out/in the app again.  Mine didn't work until I had re-logged.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment